Join us as we talk about the inequities surrounding gun violence with our Strategic Operations Director Samantha Alonis as she leads the discussion with Noam Ostrander (DePaul University) and Terry Williams (UIC) from the Chicago Gun Violence Research Collaborative, with special guest Valerie Burgest from the Illinois Chapter of Moms Demand Action. We cover how gun violence affects quality of life for everyone, community-driven research framework, and policies and programs aimed at preventing gun violence.
- heyjackass.com/ – statistics on gun violence
- www.cgvrc.org/ – Chicago Gun Violence Research Collaborative
- momsdemandaction.org/ – Moms Demand Action
- ragenglewood.org/ – Resident Association of Greater Englewood (Chicago)
- UIC Police PACE program – police.uic.edu/about-us/administ…rt-division/pace/
- Good Kids Mad City – www.facebook.com/GKMC2018/
- Chicago Survivors – chicagosurvivors.org/
- WTTW’s First Hand Gun Violence – interactive.wttw.com/firsthand/gun-violence
- Natalie Moore book – The South Side us.macmillan.com/books/9781250118332
- Eric Thomas – Motivational Speaker
The personal and professional opinions and views of Terry Williams during this podcast do not represent the views and opinions of the University of Illinois Systems or the University of Illinois at Chicago Police Department. Terry Williams’ views and opinions are independent.
Interested in research opportunities at CHET?
– Visit https://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/sites/chet/education/index.html
Outro music provided by:
-JB Positive Music: @jbpositivemusic